Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
CI: use lld if present (Linux only) #8641
EXPORT_CC value can be overridden to disable lld lookup.
I agree. I've approved the PR because it seemed fine to me, but I also expected we'd wait for your approval before merging. Maybe there's a communication error and @bcardiff assumed I was sending my approval to merge this immediately.
In general, I'd prefer to wait at least 24 hours before merging a PR to giver others a chance to review and comment. I'm not sure this should go into a policy or something, but it could help to think about that. While it's not a huge issue to apply changes after the PR has been merged via a second PR, it can still cause quite some friction which can be avoided by simply postponing a merge for a few hours.
I couldn't make it work with
It seems that overriding
It also leads to less explicit output. In the current PR the
Since this is somehow a workaround that might affect some, and using lld is optional I think is better to have an explicit output to allow diagnostic whether lld is used or not.
This trial and error + the approval encourage me to merge it.
Probably I am missing something in my makefile-fu-ness. But I couldn't improve the current solution.
I'm not sure about the benefits of having explicit, I personally find it messy. Either way, I appreciate the chance to test my makefile knowledge :P