- Updated help page (
--rrdoes not exist anymore) by @gs0-pix4d in #415
- bump pinned version of black by @cs01 in #419
- use eventlet server, werkzeug 2.1 compat by @davidism in #430
- freeze requirements and update python version to build pex by @cs01 in #434
Full Changelog: v0.15.0.1...v0.15.1.0
This release is focused mostly on Python 3.9 compatibility and updating dependencies
- Support only Python 3.9 (though other Python versions may still work)
- Build gdbgui as a pex executable.
- These are executable Python environments that are self-contained with the exception of requiring a specific Python version installed in the environment running the executable. The pex executables should have better compatibility than PyInstaller executables, which sometimes have missing shared libraries depending on the operating system.
- Use only the threading async model for flask-socketio. No longer support gevent or eventlet.
- [bugfix] Catch exception if gdb used in tty window crashes instead of gdbgui crashing along with it
- Disable pagination in gdb tty by default. It can be turned back on with
set pagination on.
- Display gdbgui version in "about" and "session information"
This release works for all operating systems, including Windows.
ImportError: cannot import name 'NoGdbProcessError'by pinning dependencies to ensure they are all compatible. Note that this means the only way gdbgui should be run is by installing inside a virtual environment, installing with pipx (as it uses virtual environments), or to run the executable build from gdbgui's release page.
Replaced single terminal on frontend with three terminals: an interactive xterm terminal running gdb, a gdbgui console for diagnostic messages, and a terminal connected to the inferior application being debugged. The gdb process that runs is now connected to a terminal you control directly. Everything works as expected -- tab completion, ctrl+c (break), and gdb will wait for user input. This differs from previous behavior when gdb was run as a subprocess and was not connected to a terminal.
- Removed support for Windows (see #348)
--gdb-cmdargument specifies the gdb executable as well as all arguments you wish to pass to gdb at startup, for example
--gdb-cmd "gdb -nx". The existing
-gargument is an alias for
--gdb-cmd rr replayinstead.
- Removed deprecated and hidden
--hide-gdbgui-upgradesargument. It will now raise an error.
- Updates to the dashboard
- Add ability to specify gdb command from the browser. This can now be accomplished from the dashboard.
- Removed gdbgui binaries from source control. They can now be downloaded as artifacts of releases.
- [documentation] Fix bug when generating md5 checksum for binary releases
- Remove "shutdown" button in UI