The sensor is based on the flowing components:
- Atmel XMEGA32E5
- Allegro ACS758LCB-100U hall effect current sensor
- Bosch BMP180 pressure sensor (planned)
The firmware was developed in C using Atmel Studio 6 and the Atmel ASF framework.
Note: The Spektrum RC TM1000 telemetry modul, a DSMX receiver with data port and a transmitter with telemetry functions are required to use the sensor. Not all Spektrum RC telemetry able transmitters support all sensors. I use a DX9 for testing.
The sensor measures 25 times a second the actual current, voltage and pressure. From this it calculates the used capacity, hight and climb rate.
- Show used capacity of main battery
- Show actual current of main battery
- Show actual voltage of main battery
- Show altitude
- Programmable via on button (change the battery capacity)
- Show climb rate
- Show cell voltages of main battery
- firmware (compiled firmware for XMEGA)
- flight_logs (from Spektrum transmitter)
- hardware (Eagle PCB files)
- pictures (photos)
- project (Atmel Studio, make files, etc.)
- src (C sources)
2014-10-28: Initial upload with REV_A board layout
- Please note that REV_A is the initial prototype and has several bugs
2014-11-02: Added support for RealtimePlotter and arduplot
2015-01-19: Added support for the REV_B board
This includes the smaller board, BMP180 altitude measurement, setup button, self calibration.