Concrete5 / Redactor plugin to create anchors & table of contents (toc) inside the edited text (version 10 of Redactor and tested on Concrete5.7.4RC2).
Please follow the INSTALL to add/register/enable the plugin in C5. Then, a new button having an anchor on it, should appear in Redactor's toolbar.
- new dialog window
- Example 1 of auto-generated anchor
- Example 2 of auto-generated anchor
- Auto-generated Table of Contents
- Cleaned (manually) TOC
- calculates anchor names from the selected text (if any text is selected), in the format of url slugs
- allows choosing anchor name (if no text is selected)
- adds anchors at the start of the current paragraph (be it P, H1, H2...)
- allows auto generating anchors from all H1,H2...H6 tags found in the text. It generates automatically the anchor names.
- allows generating a very basic table of contents, based on all found anchors.
- indicates visually where anchors created with this addon (class="anchors") are in text (Thanks to Karl Dilkington for contribution)
- allows deletion of all anchors created using this addon (class="anchors"), to start anew.
- Was not tested in complex HTML, like one that is copy/pasted from Word for example. It was tested only clean HTML. However, Redactor is cleaning any copy/pasted html from Word by default, so we should be safe.
- Doesn't allow modifying existing anchors in GUI, just blindly adding new ones. For any modification, the HTML view should be used.
- It adds an empty each time it is used without any pre-selected text. This is probably inoffensive but a bit annoying.
- there is no automatic registering in Concrete 5.7, it needs altering some files manually.
- the TOC indentation is really ugly... I have tried with only, but by default Redactor eliminates multiple  s at saving time, so it was destroyiung the "tree" like structure.