Cameron's Dot Files
Forked from ryanb/dotfiles.
- Bash 4+ (and bash_completion, if desired)
Simply run the following commands:
git clone --recursive git://github.com/cspicker/dotfiles ~/.dotfiles cd ~/.dotfiles bash install.bash
The install script will create symbolic links to files in your home directory (.bashrc, .bash_profile, etc.). If files exist at these paths, you will be prompted to handle the conflict by overwriting, skipping or aborting the installation.
I recommend moving any existing shell configuration into ~/.localrc, which will be sourced if it exists.
I have used these files on Mac, Linux and FreeBSD systems. I recommend putting any system-specific configuration, as well as anything else you don't want in your repo in ~/.localrc.
- A nice prompt
- Bash history synchronization for multiple shells (via exploiting PROMPT_COMMAND)
- A place to put emacs config and user-provided bash completions
- Some helpful aliases (including git)
- Configuration files for tmux, screen and the python interpreter
- Mac-friendly inputrc file