This version of CSScomb is no longer supported, guys.
We have a new super cool Node.js version instead!
Tool for sorting CSS properties
- Sorts CSS properties into a logical, consistent order
- Allows for custom sorting of CSS properties (set it to whatever order you're accustomed to)
- Parses CSS in style tags and style attributes -- can comb other languages for CSS as well
- Does not change existing formatting of style sheets --target single or multiple lines of CSS
- Separates CSS properties into groups (you can have groups of empty strings, if you want)
- Fully supports CSS2/CSS2.1/CSS3
The CSScomb algorithm simulates a web developer's judgment in ordering CSS styles. You can spend tons of time re-ordering code--moving lines over each other, working around comments in the code, moving multi-line sets of property values, and all sorts of hacking to make your code more readable. CSScomb takes care of these tasks for you. It "thinks" like a person editing the text, not as a blind robot parsing CSS.
CSScomb is written in pure PHP, without any external libraries or dependencies. See details at wiki.
- Sublime Text 2 plugin avaliable in Package Control as 'CSScomb'
- TextMate plugin
- Coda plugin
- Coda 2 plugin
- Espresso 2 plugin (How to install)
- IntelliJIDEA plugin
- WebStorm plugin
- PyCharm plugin
- Notepad ++ plugin
- Chocolat Mixin
- Vim Plugin
Available at csscomb.com
% php csscomb.php CSSComb Command line tool for resort CSS code. SYNOPSIS $ php csscomb.php -s <file with JSON array> -i <path to input css file> -o <path to result css file> DESCRIPTION options: -s, --sort-order specify file with custom sort order. File must contain JSON data. For detail information run 'csscomb.php --help-sort-order' -i, --input must be directory name or file that needs to be sorted -o, --output sort result file. Use output when input is not a directory name, otherwise output param ignored. If output filename does not exist, the file is created. Otherwise, the existing file is overwritten. --help, -help, -h, -? or no options will print this man. EXAMPLE csscomb.php -s my-custom-sort-order.json -i css/style.css -o css/style-resorted.css EXAMPLE 2 csscomb.php -i some_directory_name