Open RPG Maker
Open RPG Maker is a clone of RPG Maker XP. The goal is to create a cross platform re-implementation of the RMXP library, written in 100% Ruby. All GUI related code is modular so as to support platform-specific forks.
Linux, OSX and Windows are all supported. These are the following primary GUI platforms we are targeting:
A majority of the core library is implemented, leaving the intricacies of the GUI code for last. As they say, the last 10% of functionality represents 90% of the development time.
There's still a lot to do right now:
- Recreate the resource files (*.rxdata) in an unencrypted format.
- Finish the RPG module, and create the load_data(filename) and save_data(obj, filename) bult-ins.
- Redefine p and print for use in message box output.
- Document the RPG module.
- Create the bootstrapper for WPF, Silverlight, and WinForms.
- Create unit tests.
- Figure out what this is (from troop.rb): RPG::BattleEventPage.new