How to import an existing Minecraft server into AMP
If you have an existing Minecraft server that you want to manage with AMP, it's trivial to import it along with all of its configuration into a new AMP instance.
- Make a zip of your server, making sure the top level of the zip contains your jar file, server.properties, world directories and other data.
- Make a new Minecraft instance within AMP.
- Manage the new Minecraft instance and go to the file manager.
- Drag the zip into the File manager to upload it (Alternatively, go to the datastore directory for that instance and extract it as the user that AMP is running as)
- Extract the archive in-place (right click in the file manager)
- Right click the server.properties file and select the 'Import' option.
- Right click your servers jar file and select the 'Set as startup jar' option.
- Start the server on the Status tab.
- In the new instances datastore, there will be a file called MinecraftModule.kvp containing the configuration data for that module, you can edit the
ServerPathsetting to point to the absolute path on-disk of your existing server. Make sure to check the ownership/permissions to allow the user AMP is running as to have full read/write access.
- You can symlink the
Minecraftdirectory under the new instances datastore to your existing directory. Again taking care of permissions.