Rye: Government Housing Assistance, Simplified
This application was developed February 6-8, 2015 for the Hack Housing: Empowering Smarter Decisions.
Challenge and Approach
It’s incredibly difficult navigating the web of government housing assistance programs.
How do you know what programs you qualify for? More importantly, how do I find homes that qualify for these assistance programs?
Rye simplifies the complex web of government provided regulation and helps customers find homes that may be funded by the government.
Our approach for satisfying this challenge was to:
- Collect Data from Zillow and HUD
- Reference with data user input
- Return a simple result of houses and programs the user may be qualified for
Our team is comprised of:
- Jason - Data Wrangler/Project Manager
- Paras - Data Wrangler
- Raghavendra - Back End Swifter
- @miracode - Back End Swifter
- @curiousurick - Front End Swifter
- @SubhaVasudevan - Front End Swifter
Technologies, APIs, and Datasets Utilized
We made use of:
- Public Housing Data
- HUD Multifamily Properties
- All houses on market data with Zillow search API Zillow API
- Swift programming language for iOS
- Parse iOS SDK
In order to build and run our app:
Our code is licensed under the MIT License. Pull requests will be accepted to this repo, pending review and approval.