You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
~# curl --haproxy-protocol --unix-socket /run/varnish-frontend.socket -k -v -H "X-Forwarded-Proto: https" http://127.0.0.1:80/
* Expire in 0 ms for 6 (transfer 0x55a23e318fb0)
* Trying /run/varnish-frontend.socket...
* Expire in 200 ms for 4 (transfer 0x55a23e318fb0)
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (/run/varnish-frontend.socket) port 80 (#0)
> PROXY TCP4 /run/varnish-frontend.socket 0 0
* Send failure: Broken pipe
* Failed sending HTTP request
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
curl: (55) Send failure: Broken pipe
I expected the following
From the curl verbose output pasted above, you can see a wrongly formated PROXYv1 protocol request:
PROXY TCP4 /run/varnish-frontend.socket 0 0
From the PROXY v1 protocol spec https://www.haproxy.org/download/1.8/doc/proxy-protocol.txt it should look like PROXY TCP4 IP IP PORT PORT or PROXY UNKNOWN. I guess that to be able to provide anything else than PROXY UNKNOWN an additional parameter should be implemented in curl to allow specifying the source IP of the connection.