GreenScreen is a build monitoring tool that is designed to be used as a dynamic Big Visible Chart (BVC) in your work area. It lets you add links to your build servers and displays the largest possible information on a monitor so that the team can see the build status from anywhere in the room.
This cookbook configures a node to run one or more GreenScreen applications. The cookbook uses CustomInk's clone of the original GreenScreen project.
- add an 'end' that was missing from the default recipe.
- Changes based on Foodcritic recommendations:
- Use strings in preference to symbols to access node attributes.
- Avoid repetition of resource declarations (combine git clone and rake init step)
- Fix a bug with the config template that was not properly handling explicit jobs or jobs to ignore
- Fix a bug with the default attributes
- No longer do a git pull with each chef run, this was causing failures when the config.yml was updated.
Opscode Cookbooks (http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks)
greenscreen/install_dir- Location where the GreenScreen app will run
greenscreens- An array of GreenScreen configuration parameters. One entry per GreenScreen
greenscreens/name- The name of this GreenScreen
greenscreens/port- The port used by this GreenScreen
greenscreens/servers- An array of servers that this GreenScreen should watch. One entry per server
greenscreens/servers/url- The URL for this build server
greenscreens/servers/username- The login for this server
greenscreens/servers/password- The password for this server
greenscreens/servers/jobs- Array of jobs to look after. Leave empty to watch all jobs on this server
greenscreens/servers/ignore_jobs- Array of jobs to ignore. Leave empty to watch all jobs on this server
Include the greenscreen recipe to install, configure, and run one or more GreenScreen applications
Or add it to your role, or directly to a node's recipes.