Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Music21 v. 5 beta 1 (5.0.6b1) is also a release candidate -- except for bug fixes, I do not expect to make any changes to music21 v.5 between here and the final release.
Note again: music21 v.5 is Python 3 only. Use v.4 for Python 2.7.
Changes since Alpha 2:
- braille -- accented characters translate to braille
- features -- many jSymbolic Feature Extractors match the spec more closely (thanks to Micah W. for the patches). Expect more of these improvements throughout the v.5 lifecycle.
- Bach chorales -- improvements to naming and texts. Expect more of these improvements throughout v.5. Thank you to Dr. Norman Schmidt for these.
- Improvements and fixes in voiceleading.py -- thanks to Ryaan Ahmed
- More objects can be hidden with "hideObjectOnPrint"
- Joplin, Maple Leaf Rag added to corpus
- Guitar and other fretboards supported. Thanks to Luke Poeppel
- Improvements to IPython/music21j MIDI
- Added stream alignment tools in alpha.analysis. Thanks to Emily Zhang
- docs for Stream.insertAndShift improved greatly.
- separate zip file for docs.