What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that many internet sites download to a user's device.
Some last for the duration of your visit, and expire when you close the website. Others remember when you return to the website, and last longer.
- To analyse behaviour (for example, which pages you visited). This lets us show more relevant content and ads.
- To give you a better experience (we save your data to avoid you having to re-enter it each time you visit). This comes in handy when getting an estimate on our website.
What cookies do we use?
- Single session cookies or session cookies
- Global and persistent cookies
- Third-party cookies
Single session, global and persistent cookies track what you're doing on a specific visit. Persistent cookies mean you won't be asked for information you already provided.
Third party cookies help us in reporting your behaviour on our website. For example, we use the Google Analytics cookie for analytics, to capture anonymous data about a user's visit. The information is combined so we can analyse trends and make improvements to our website. Some of these services enable profiling and behavioural advertising.
We use other third party services which create cookies:
How to turn off or edit cookies
- Via this tool, or
- In the settings of your web browser
How exactly you do that will depend on your browser or device settings. Try looking in your "Help" section, or searching how to block cookies.
Once turned off, you might still see ads for Cuvva in other places. But these will be more general and not based on your specific information.
If you need a hand, chat to us in the app and we'll be happy to help.