We discuss software infrastructure for databank operations of the c-VEDA project.
Recruitment and acquisition centres
The c-VEDA project is an accelerated and planned missing longitudinal study. Participants are organized into 3 age bands which may be administered different instruments:
|Age band ID||Age band name||Age range|
The multiple recruitment and acquisition centres represent the socio-cultural diversity of India:
- 5 geographical regions
- Punjab and adjoining states (PGIMER)
- Eastearn Coalfields (KOLKATA)
- Northeast India (IMPHAL)
- Bengaluru & Mysore (MYSORE, NIMHANS, SJRI)
- Chittoor (RISHIVALLEY)
- urban and rural areas
|11||PGIMER||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research||Chandigarh, Punjab||Siemens Verio|
|12||IMPHAL||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences||Imphal, Manipur||—|
Regional Occupational Health Centre (Eastern),
Indian Council of Medical Research
|Kolkata, West Bengal||Siemens Trio|
|14||RISHIVALLEY||Rishi Valley Rural Health Centre||Rishy Valley, Andhra Pradesh||—|
|15||MYSORE||CSI Holdsworth Memorial Hospital||Mysuru, Karnataka||Philips Ingenia|
Siemens Skyra /
|17||SJRI||St. John's Research Institute||Bengaluru, Karnataka||—|
From acquisition centres to databank
- Acquisition centres collect clinical and environmental data using Psytools. The databank team download CSV files pseudonymized with PSC1 codes directly from the Delosis server.
- Acquisition centres pseudonymize biological samples at the source using PSC1 codes. The c-VEDA biobank team collect samples and collate genetic data before sending them to the databank.
- Acquisition centres anonymize DICOM files before sending them to the databank. Again subjects are identified by their PSC1 code only.
System software has been installed on the c-VEDA server as described in file
Application software has been deployed on the c-VEDA server under
cd /cveda/databank/framework git clone https://github.com/cveda/cveda_databank.git
Databank operations, based on the above application software, are described in specific pages: