A cross platform JabbR client for OS X, Windows, and Linux
This project aims to create a great cross platform desktop client for JabbR. This makes liberal use of the following libraries:
- Eto.Forms - Cross Platform UI toolkit
- JabbR.Client - .NET API for creating JabbR clients
- SignalR - Async library for .NET to help build real-time, multi-user interactive web applications
- Json.NET - Json.NET is a popular high-performance JSON framework for .NET
- MahApps.Metro - For Metro WPF styling
- CefGlue - Embedded chromium for WPF version
How To Build
This uses submodules, so ensure you do a recursive clone of this project!
- Install Xcode from Mac App Store
- Install Mono SDK 3.0.6 for OS X
- Install Xamarin Studio v4 for OS X
- In terminal.app: git clone --recursive git://github.com/JabbR/JabbR.Desktop.git
- Open Source/JabbR.Mac.sln in MonoDevelop
- Build & Run!
- Install Visual 2012 Express for Windows Desktop
- Install git client of choice
- In console (or via gui): git clone --recursive git://github.com/JabbR/JabbR.Desktop.git
- Open Source/JabbR.Windows.sln in Visual Studio
- Build & Run!
JabbR.Desktop is in a very early state and is missing many features or can be unstable.
- Sign in using username/password
- Multiple servers
- Channel listing
- Private chats with other users
- Shows all media and links
- Collapsing notifications and media
- Autocomplete user names and channel rooms
- Gravatar icons
You can help out by submitting missing features, bugs or requests into github issues, or fork the project and start coding!