A front end for the OpenSprints hardware kit. It allows for the racing of 1 to 4 bikers against each other in a goldsprints style race. The software is free to use and modify and you're encouraged to hold your own races! See LICENSE for more details.
SilverSprints is for OSX (10.7 and up) and Windows (7 and up).
Written in Cinder, an opensource C++ library for creative coding.
Using the Application
- Requires OXS version 10.7 and up.
- PC requires Windows 7 and up
- Download the latest SilverSprints for your operating system.
- In the downlaoded zip file, there is an
Arduinofolder with software you'll need to load onto the OpenSprints hardware. Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://cwhitney.github.io/SilverSprint/installation.html
- Go to the Settings page by clicking the gear icon or pressing Command + 3
- Set the roller diameter as the distance from the magnet to the center of the roller multiplied by 2.
- Choose the number of racers competing from 1-4
- If SilverSprint detects an Arduino connected it will show a checkmark, otherwise it will display an X.
- Go to the Roster page by clicking the list icon or pressing Command + 2
- Set all active participants names
- Click the START button to begin a race
- At any time, press STOP to stop and reset the race.
Editing / Creating New Graphics
If you just want to swap graphics, simply replace the graphics in the assets folder. No need to recompile.
In the event of a crash, a log file will be created in a folder called "logs" in the SilverSprint directory. Please attach this file when asking for support along with any other relevant information.
- Clone the repo with all of it's sumodules with:
git clone https://github.com/cwhitney/SilverSprint.git --depth 1 --recursive
- Build Cinder for your platform OSX - Windows.
If you're having trouble building Cinder, it may be missing some of it's dependencies. You may need to run
git submodule update --init --recursiveto make sure Cinder has all of it's submodules.
- The structure of the repo is like so:
Root - apps - Arduino - SilverSprint - libs - Cinder
- Update Arduino if necessary. (See above)
- Open the project file for your platform. It will be in
apps/SilverSprint/xcode/SilverSprint.xcodeprojfor OSX, and
- Build Silversprints. There are no external dependencies aside from Cinder itself.