A front end for the OpenSprints hardware kit. It allows for the racing of 1 to 4 bikers against each other in a goldsprints style race. The software is free to use and modify and you're encouraged to hold your own races! See LICENSE for more details.
SilverSprints is for OS X (10.7 and up) and Windows (7 and up).
Written in Cinder, an opensource C++ library for creative coding.
Using the Application
- Requires OS X version 10.7 and up.
- PC requires Windows 7 and up.
- Download the latest SilverSprints for your operating system.
- In the downlaoded zip file, there is an
Arduinofolder with software you'll need to load onto the OpenSprints hardware. Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://cwhitney.github.io/SilverSprint/installation.html.
- Go to the Settings page by clicking the gear icon or pressing Command + 3.
- Set the roller diameter as the distance from the magnet to the center of the roller multiplied by 2.
- Choose the number of racers competing from 1-4.
- If SilverSprints detects an Arduino connected it will show a checkmark, otherwise it will display an X.
- Go to the Roster page by clicking the list icon or pressing Command + 2.
- Set all active participants' names.
- Click the START button to begin a race.
- At any time, press STOP to stop and reset the race.
Editing / Creating New Graphics
If you just want to swap graphics, simply replace the graphics in the assets folder. No need to recompile.
In the event of a crash, a log file will be created in a folder called "logs" in the SilverSprints directory. Please attach this file when asking for support along with any other relevant information.
- Clone the repo with all of its submodules with:
git clone https://github.com/cwhitney/SilverSprint.git --depth 1 --recursive
- Build Cinder for your platform OS X - Windows.
If you're having trouble building Cinder, it may be missing some of its dependencies. You may need to run
git submodule update --init --recursiveto make sure Cinder has all of its submodules.
- The structure of the repo is like so:
Root - apps - Arduino - SilverSprints - libs - Cinder
- Update Arduino if necessary. (See above.)
- Open the project file for your platform. It will be in
apps/SilverSprints/xcode/SilverSprint.xcodeprojfor OS X, and
- Build SilverSprints. There are no external dependencies aside from Cinder itself.