Extracting 3D Parametric Curves from 2D Images of Helical Objects
Implementation of our paper "Extracting 3D Parametric Curves from 2D Images of Helical Objects"
- by Chris G. Willcocks, Philip T. G. Jackson, Carl J. Nelson, and Boguslaw Obara
This repository provides a MATLAB implementation for extracting a 3D parametric curve from a 2D image of a helical object.
Our project is split into 4 parts, as discussed in the paper:
- Segmenting the helical object (Algorithm 1)
- Straightening the segmented object (Algorithm 2)
- Fitting a curve to a straight object (Algorithm 3)
- Undoing the coordinate transforms
For general usage:
- Open MATLAB, right click project directory and add to path.
- Open main.m
- Change 'image' url.
- Adjust the parameters, as discussed in the paper.
- Alternatively, call the relevant parts of code accordingly.
This code is licensed under the GNU General Public License Version 3.
- For alternative licenses, please contact email@example.com.