DevNet is a full-stack social media platform for developers. It utilizes Express and Node.js on the backend, a MongoDB database, and React.js with a Redux on the frontend.
Users can share skills, experience, and education information. Optionally, users can also share their social media profiles. Profile pictures are pulled from Gravatar if the user supplies a Gravatar email.
GitHub repos can be included in the profile just by providing your username in your dashboard. Each repo has the repo name, description, language, watchers, stars, and forks.
Users can submit posts on the posts feed where other users can like and/or comment. You can delete posts only if you are the author.
- React - JavsScript library for building user interfaces.
- Express - Fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for Node.js.
- MongoDB - Document database with the scalability and flexibility that you want with the querying and indexing that you need.
- GitHub REST API - API for retreiving GitHub profile information.
- Add like capability to comments.
- Associate and display posts and comments users have liked in the dashbaord.
- Implement dragging and dropping to reorder experience, education and skills.
- Add ability to search user profiles by name.