Folder based image gallery for CMS SilverStripe (2.4.x)
A lightweight folder based image gallery module for the SilverStripe CMS.
- easy upload of images via Ftp or the SilverStripe backend (Files & Images)
- thumbnails of uploaded images are created on the fly
- larger image scale appears on mouse click using a jQuery Colorbox effect
- image description is fetched from the image file name
- support for multiple albums included
- appearance of the thumbnails can be customized via template and CSS files
- multilingual support included (currently: English and German)
The last stable release of the
cwsoft-foldergallery v1.2.0 module for SilverStripe 2.4.x is available as ZIP archive. This is the last release for the SilverStripe 2.4.x platform. Later releases of the cwsoft-foldergallery module do need SilverStripe 3.x and can be found at GitHub.
cwsoft-foldergallery module is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) v3.0.
The minimum requirements to get the cwsoft-foldergallery module running on your SilverStripe installation are as follows:
- SilverStripe 2.4.5 or higher (recommended last stable 2.4.x version)
- PHP 5.2.2 or higher (recommended last stable PHP 5.3.x version)
- download latest version for SilverStripe 2.4.x from GitHub
- unpack the archive on your local computer
- upload the entire cwsoft-foldergallery folder to your SilverStripe root folder using your preferred Ftp program
- update your SilverStripe database via
The required steps to create a single album page with the cwsoft-foldergallery module are explained below.
- log into your SilverStripe backend and create a new page of type Folder Gallery (this creates a subfolder assets/cwsoft-foldergallery if not already exists)
- now create a album subfolder inside assets/cwsoft-foldergallery (via Ftp or SilverStripe "Files & Images")
- upload images to the created album folder (via Ftp or SilverStripe "Files & Images" section)
- rename your images to
XX-your-image-description.ext(XX image order 00..99)
- this will create nice looking image descriptions in the form: "Your image description"
- switch to the gallery page created in step 1
- choose a subfolder for your album from the dropdown list
- add a album header and some description via the WYSIWYG field
- save and publish the gallery page
The cwsoft-foldergallery supports multiple albums. An album is basically a child page of a page of type
Folder Gallery. The parent page will automatically create a list with the links to the individual albums available (child pages).
To use the multiple albums features, create a page tree structure as follows:
SilverStripe page tree: - Gallery (type: Folder Gallery) + Album 2011 (type: Folder Gallery) + Album 2012 (type: Folder Gallery)
A screenshot of the frontend is shown below.
If you have questions or issues with cwsoft-foldergallery, please visit the SilverStripe forum thread and ask for feedback.
Always provide the following information with your support request:
- detailed error description (what happens, what have you already tried ...)
- the cwsoft-foldergallery version used
- your PHP and SilverStripe version used
- information about your operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux) incl. version
- information of your browser and browser version used