Welcome to the KiTTY introduction web site
All KiTTY documentation is available on the official website
What is KiTTY ?
KiTTY is a fork from version 0.71 of PuTTY, the best telnet / SSH client in the world. KiTTY is only designed for the Microsoft(c) Windows(c) platform. For more information about the original software, or pre-compiled binaries on other systems, you can go to the Simon Tatham PuTTY page.
KiTTY has all the features from the original software, and adds many others as described below:
The very first requested features
- Sessions filter
- Shortcuts for pre-defined command
- The session launcher
- Automatic logon script
- Automatic logon script with the RuTTY patch
- URL hyperlinks
- Automatic password
- Automatic command
- Running a locally saved script on a remote session
- An icon for each session
- Send to tray
- Protection against unfortunate keyboard input
- Always visible
- Quick start of a duplicate session
- Enhanced Configuration Box
- Automatic saving
- SSH Handler: Internet Explorer integration
- pscp.exe and WinSCP integration
- Binary compression
- Clipboard printing
- Cygwin and cmd.exe intégration
- File association
- Other settings
- New command-line options
- A light chat server is hidden in KiTTY
- A hidden text editor is integrated into KiTTY
Official download page
KiTTY is available at our main CDN: Fosshub.
How to compile
Inside your MSYS & MinGW32 environment jump into the x.yy_My_PuTTY\windows directory then run the command:
make -f MAKEFILE.MINGW putty.exe
How to install the MSYS/MinGW32 environment
Simple guide to setup the compile environment:
- Download the
- Execute the installer and select the GUI.
- After installing it, only the "packager manager" it's in fact installed, so execute
$MinGW\libexec\mingw-get\guimain.exeand select in the Basic Setup the packages: "mingwg-developer-tools", "mingw32-base", "mingw32-gcc-g++" and "msys-base".
- When all is installed, to open the SHELL execute
$MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat. Then from from this shell you can compile. Example:
make -f MAKEFILE.MINGW 9bis.
Original website is https://www.9bis.com/kitty/.