Code of omeglit.com v2
This is a Omegle clone experiment from when Omegle still worked with Flash Player.
Updated and tested with Node 10.19
Version 2.0 vs 1.0:
- Socket.io client and server updated from 2.4 to 4.0.2
- Updated client adapter.js to v8.
- Updated Bootstrap from 3.x to 4.6. And redesig.
- Updated jQuery to 3.6.
- Refactor and removed duplicated code of omeglo.js (main client functional js).
- New features and fixes: new message notification in title + set remote video to black when disconnected + mute your microphone.
How to run
- Change the file ./js/omeglo.js URLConnection and URLProtocol variables to set your server websocket (localhost:8080 and http:// if you run on localhost).
- If you run on a server, you need https for this to work. You need to copy your domain certificates to main folder as omeglo needs to read the Certificate Chain (CA), Certificate, and Private Key. I did this with Let's Encrypt certbot.
- Start the app with
node main.js [--localhost].
Command line --help
== Omeglit v2 server ==
node main.js [--help] [--with-http] [--localhost]
Command line server start options:
--help Display this help
--with-public-server Serve http public folder too
--localhost Localhost mode (no SSL)
Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International