- Component tests can now be launched via the Module API by passing
testingType: 'component'via the new
testingTypewill default to
e2e. Addresses #16302.
cy.intercept()now accepts a
timesoption in the
timeswill specify the number of times that a particular
cy.intercept()should be applied. Addresses #4460 and #8531.
cy.intercept()now accepts invocation using
cy.intercept(url, routeMatcher, handler), where
urlis a regular expression. Previously, this only worked if
urlwas a string. Addresses #16390.
- Cypress will now automatically get environment variables for LayerCI when recording to the Dashboard. Addresses #16101.
- Setting the env var
DEBUG=cypress:server:record:ci-infowill print commit information and CI provider information that's sent to the Dashboard as debug logs. Addresses #16236.
- Cypress can now use the certificate authority specified in NPM config if
CYPRESS_DOWNLOAD_USE_CAis specified. See "Using a custom CA" for more information. Addresses #8825.
- Cypress will no longer incorrectly redirect the AUT window to
location.hrefis set to a relative path within the call stack of an XHR event handler. Fixes #3975 and #7439.
- Cypress now properly handles when a form submit or anchor tag target is set to
_parentso that it no longer redirects the parent frame. Fixes #1244.
- Fixed a regression in 6.5.0 that could cause Cypress to crash with a
RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded at _deconstructPacketerror. Most commonly, this occurred when handling network errors with
cy.request(). Fixes #15101.
- Fixed a regression in 7.0.0 that caused the Test Runner to crash with an
ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPEtype error when testing a binary file upload. Fixes #15898 and #16223.
- When verifying Cypress, we now listen for the 'close' event instead of the 'exit' event in an effort to fix some situations where the browser cannot be found even though it is on the system. Addressed in #16312.
- Fixed a regression in 6.5.0 that caused a node warning about
.then()only accepting functions to display. Fixes #15281.
cy.intercept()now adds a
access-control-expose-headers: '*'header by default for CORS requests unless overridden. Fixes #15050.
- Improved the way that
cy.route()requests with multiple aliases are displayed in the command log. Addressed in #16382.
Cypress.cookies.debug(true)will now correctly show cookie-related messages on the console. Fixes #15032.
cy.log()will now show all arguments, not only the first 2. Fixes #16068.
.select()now correctly selects option elements with values that have
characters. Fixes #16045.
componentconfiguration values will now correctly show when previewing resolved configuration in the Test Runner. Fixes #16282.
- When passing the
—quietflag, Cypress will no longer print uploading output to Stdout. Fixes #16268.
- When pressing the
/hotkey in Firefox, Cypress will select the SpecList's SearchInput as it does in other browsers. Fixes #16309.
- Cypress will now detect the default installation location of the Visual Studio Code editors on Windows machines. Fixes #15080.
- Changing files extensions when creating a new test file should no longer add extra dots to the filename on Windows machines. Fixes #16131.
2.3.1. Addressed in #8337.
1.5.5. Addressed in #16362.
4.17.21. Addressed in #16406.
1.15.0. Addressed in #16409.
1.5.0. Addressed in #16408.