- Release date: November 20, 2012
- Downloads: * http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.17.2.tar.gz MD5 * http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.17.2.zip MD5
- Git: https://github.com/cython/cython/commit/e5688a61fb9636bd24d075e3f122fd8ba4163a35
The bug tracker has a list of the major improvements.
cythonize()gained a best effort compile mode that can be used to simply ignore
.pyfiles that fail to compile.
- Replacing an object reference with the value of one of its cdef attributes could generate incorrect C code that accessed the object after deleting its last reference.
- C-to-Python type coercions during cascaded comparisons could generate invalid C code, specifically when using the 'in' operator.
obj[1,]" passed a single integer into the item getter instead of a tuple.
- Cyclic imports at module init time did not work in Py3.
- The names of C++ destructors for template classes were built incorrectly.
- In pure mode, type casts in Cython syntax and the C ampersand operator are now rejected. Use the pure mode replacements instead.
- In pure mode, C type names and the sizeof() function are no longer recognized as such and can be used as normal Python names.
- The extended C level support for the CPython array type was declared too late to be used by user defined classes.
- C++ class nesting was broken.
- Better checking for required nullary constructors for stack-allocated C++ instances.
- Remove module docstring in no-docstring mode.
- Fix specialization for varargs function signatures.
- Fix several compiler crashes.
- An experimental distutils script for compiling the CPython standard library was added as