Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Setup Cytoscape App Development
Setup for Cytoscape app development
Here we'll fork the Cytoscape samples repository on GitHub and import it in Eclipse. The Cytoscape samples repository contains many example apps that we'll work through later in the ladder. By forking the repository, you'll create a copy of the repository for yourself that you can commit to.
1. Fork the repository
Go to https://github.com/cytoscape/cytoscape-app-samples and click on the Fork button. After you've forked your repository, make sure to copy the GitHub repository URL to your clipboard. The URL should be something like
2. Import the GitHub Repository into Eclipse
- In Eclipse, go to the File menu and choose Import.
- Click the Maven folder, then select Check out Maven Projects from SCM. Click Next.
- Click m2e Marketplace.
- Search for "egit", click m2e-egit to check it, and then click Finish and install egit. You will need to restart Eclipse.
- Once egit is installed and Eclipse re-opens, navigate to File > Import, then click Maven and Check out Maven Projects from SCM.
- Click the drop-down menu and set it to git, and paste your forked repository URL into the text box, click Finish.
Okay! You're all done importing your GitHub repository. You'll see all the sample apps the left.