Google App Engine is excellent technology but there is a gap.
If you are missing
- use of pip with Google App Engine,
- cooperation of appengine and virtualenv,
- possibility to add any module to your python path,
then this barebone could be at least an inspiration for you.
How to use (fill) the gap?
> workon <myvirtualenv> > pip install gap > gap start-project <applicationid> > cd <applicationid> > appcfg update src
- Install Google Appengine SDK
- Create a virtualenv for you project
- if necessary
pip install gap
- Go to directory where you want to create your GAE project.
gap start-project <projectname># <projectname> will be used as applicationId
- Add your dependencies to requirements.gip (format is the same as pip
requirements file) and
bin/gip install -r requirements.gip
- or install any packages using bin/gip same way as you are used to do it with pip.
- To create a new module in your application run
gap start-app <module_name>
- Libraries installed using gip are accessible in dev_server as well as on GAE servers.
See Gap documentation on github for more informations.
Any ideas, thoughts, fixes (specially corrections of my English :) are welcome!
Of course ... This code is published in hope that someone will find it useful but it is provided as-is and I can take no responsibility for improper as well as proper use.
Enhance GAP with plugins and addons: