Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is an initial release of PHP Desktop for Linux. Please test.
- To enable DevTools run with the command
./phpdesktop --remote-debugging-port=1234and then open http://127.0.0.1:1234/ url in external Google Chrome browser.
- Tested on Fedora 25 - works out of the box. Should also work on Debian and OpenSUSE.
- Version 70.1 binaries available in this release. It fixes the issue with php-cgi process hanging.
Notes for this release:
- Embeds Chromium 70.0.3538.102
- Embeds PHP 7.2.12 and serves scripts via CGI
- Embeds a custom edition of Mongoose multi-threaded web server used by NASA on International Space Station
- Uses GTK 3 library
- Tested thoroughly on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. Should work on newer versions of Ubuntu as well.
- Only 64-bit binaries are available for download. To build 32-bit binaries follow the instructions on the wiki page.
- Copy your PHP scripts to the
www/directory. Edit PHP settings by modifying the
php.inifile. See the project's README file to get a better understanding of how PHP Desktop works.
- This release is funded by David Amanshia, see Issue #221 for details.
- Instructions for building both phpdesktop and PHP from sources are on the Build on Linux wiki page
- Sources are available in the linux70 branch