Audio mosaicing based on nonnegative matrix factorization (NMF)
Sample MATLAB script for audio mosaicing based on NMF coded by Daichi Kitamura
J. Driedger, T. Pratzlich, and M. Muller, "Let it bee — towards NMF-inspired audio mosaicing," in Proc. ISMIR, pp. 350–356, 2015. J. Driedger and M. Muller, "TSM toolbox: MATLAB implementations of time-scale modification algorithms," in Proc. DAFx, pp. 249–256, 2014.
- input [dir]: includes test audio signals
- input_withPitchShift [dir]: includes test audio signals that require pitch shifting before applying mosaicing
- MATLAB_TSM-Toolbox_2.02 [dir]: inludes TSM toolbox that is utilized for pitch shifting (redistributed under GNU license without any modifications)
- audioMosaicNmf.m: NMF-based audio mosaicing
- ISTFT.m: inverse short-time Fourier transform
- main.m: sample main script
- main_withPitchShift.m: sample main script with pitch shifter
- STFT.m: short-time Fourier transform
When the source signal does not include enough pitches for mosaicing, you must poduce various pitches by applying a pitch shifting algorithm. This is implemented in "main_withPitchShift.m" using TSM toolbox, which can be downloaded at https://www.audiolabs-erlangen.de/resources/MIR/TSMtoolbox and redistributed under GNU license.
For NMF-based audio mosaicing, please visit the authors' website: https://www.audiolabs-erlangen.de/resources/MIR/2015-ISMIR-LetItBee