A quick release to prevent two rather improbable but nonetheless possible brick causes in the CTRNAND transfer feature. Other than that, the last release was 2 months ago, so there are more goodies:
- CTRNAND transfer: stricter checks for free space on SD card
- CTRNAND transfer: Stop on all errors and output failure
- Feature descriptions in-software, thanks to @Wolfvak (code) and @ihaveamac (descriptions)
- AK2i flashcard handling, thanks to @Normmatt and @d3m3villur
- NDS cartridge savegame flashing, thanks to @dark_samus
- Support for KOR N3DS Health and Safety
- Improved cancellation handling (again)
- Various smaller bugfixes and improvements
Devs, if you can lend a hand: As you see we've got NDS (NTR+TWL) cart savegame flashing now, but we're missing NDS cart savegame dumping and 3DS cart savegame dumping / flashing. All of this should be possible via the NTRCARD registers, but the D9 code is still missing support for 3DS type eeprom chips.
Also: thanks a ton to everyone involved in this release!
Guess you didn't see that coming, a new D9 release already. This release concentrates on improvements on the popular CIA builder features. This is new:
- Reorganized menu, take note that several features are renamed now (basically all CIA building features)
- New features that allow building of fully decrypted CIAs from SD content
- Improved SD content selector, now sorted by title ID
- Faster CIA builder in certain cases
- SEEDs for NCCH crypto can now be extracted on-the-fly from NAND
- Updated readme file (yeah, I forgot last time)
A new release, with this new stuff:
- Added a config file dumper (this is required for the Citra emulator)
- CTRNAND transfer now working on devkits (enables A9LH installation)
- Overall better support for devkit crypto keys
- Cancellation of various operations is now possible (just hold B)
- Enabled continuous scroll (hold arrow buttons)
- Fixed shallow decrypted CIAs not being installable
- SD -> CIA converter now also wipes the (possibly identifying) ticket id
- Improved error handling in SD -> CIA / SD -> CXI features
So, one new feature, better support for devkits, and other than that improvements to existing stuff. As always, have fun testing and be sure to report bugs!
Didn't expect a new release that soon, did you? This is new:
- Improved SD content -> CIA converter, now works in batch and creates console independent CIAs
- New SD content ->CXI dumper, simplifying CXI dump and NCCH decrypt of installed content
- Forced CTRNAND transfer improved (use non-forced unless you know what you are doing)
- H&S dump / inject now working again on region switched units
New D9 release for you to sink your teeth in, this is new:
- New SD content ->CIA converter - you can now convert installed content back to CIA!
- POWER (poweroff) and HOME button (reboot) are now functional
- Introduced color to console / menu in some places
- On 3DS cart dumping, the CARD2 save area is now wiped
- New choosable (during build) font, thanks to @Ennea
To get the new font, you need to compile with FONT=GB. For convenience, this release also contains precompiled fonts with the new font and the original font.
Mainly a bugfix release, with one new major feature. This is new:
- Includes a ticket dumper feature now.
- Extra confirmation on space low when CTRNAND transfering
- Fixed problems with GW type EmuNANDs after a CTRNAND transfer
- gbavcsave.bin is now called gbavc.sav (as most emulators expect .sav extension)
- Improved the FIRM A9LH decryptor (now also handles TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM)
- Other minor fixes and imrpovements
Oh well, this happens when you try to quickly push a major update before your vacation: you have to fix your mess later. Anyways, this release should wrap it up. This is new:
- Fully working, improved CTRNAND auto transfer with no known bugs
- CTR/NTR/TWL cart dumping handled by same menu entries
- KeyY0x24 is auto setup on A9LH (still needs an external file on other entrypoints)
An important note on Auto CTRNAND Transfer: Yes, this can be used to transfer O3DS CTRNANDs to N3DS. Yes, 2.1 ones, too. Testing so far looks very, very good. Still, if you try this without any deeper knowledge on the matter and without a hardmod, you're a jackass. Wait for @Plailect to update his guide!
The last release version had two major bugs - first, injecting system files / system saves did not work properly, second, a lot of you guys had trouble using this via Brahma / HBL. Although this is only a quick bugfix release, you even get a new major feature in this one:
- Preliminary support for dumping DSi enhanced game cartridges. Still needs testing and perhaps some improvements. Thanks to @Normmatt for this!
- Added auto CMAC fixing for injected system files / saves
- Fixed injecting system files / saves - you will now get the selction prompt again
- Fixed .3DSX entrypoint
Oh well, that happens when you try to push a release on the last day before your vacation. Even on this release, the new Auto CTRNAND Transfer feature has certain problems when transfering CTRNANDs without A9LH installed. So, don't try this for now (if you don't have A9LH installed, otherwise have backups).
If you abolutely must try it and don't have A9LH (f.e. when injecting an O3DS v2.1 CTRNAND into a N3DS console), use this test build (up to date with the latest commits) instead: https://transfer.sh/irpmC/decrypt9wip-20160812-181157.zip
... but be warned that this is not sufficiently tested. Keep backups!
This is a big one, containing various stuff of high public interest. This is new:
- GBA VC Save dumper & injector
- NCCH/NCSD -> CIA converter (this converts .3DS files to .CIA) (thanks @ihaveamac for doing basically all the work)
- Cartridge -> CIA dumper (thanks @ihaveamac for this, too)
- Dumping feature for Nintendo DS cartridges (thanks osilloscorpion & @idgrepthat)
- New CTRNAND transfer features - this will soon play a big role in downgrades and obtaining otp.bin (thanks dark_samus for starting this, testing, and useful advice, also Al3x_10m for countless hours spent testing this)
- Improved warnings system with colored warnings and special warnings for A9LH critical operations
- New Any Padgen feature, allowing you to create any kind of XORpad
- New sleek 6x10 font (thanks dark_samus for the discovery and initial testing)
- New work folder system, main work folder is now /files9
- Fully updated readme file
- Countless smaller and bigger fixes and improvements
Release Note (1): As I know that the new font is not liked equally by everyone, I included an additional release archive compiled with the original font is included. In the future, you will have to compile yourself for custom fonts, but it is not that complicated (see readme).
Release Note (2): The new main work folder is /files9, which will work with all of my tools (once updated, of course). The new game directory is /files9/D9Game. Older work folders still work (if the newer ones are not available), but it is encouraged you switch to the new work folder system.
Release Note (3): If the Brahma entry point (.3DSX file from release archive) does not work correctly for you, try the attached fixed .3DSX file instead.