d3bate is a web app (an application which runs in the browser instead of needing to be downloaded and installed) which makes it easier to run a debating club.
You can use the version of the app we host or deploy your own. We have not, at this time, produced a guide for how to deploy your own version of the app.
We provide a documentation hosted on Github pages to provide greater ease of use.
We welcome contributions to any area of the project. Contributions don't have to be code – you can help us write our debating guide, suggest features or report bugs. Event if you just want to ask a question, please feel free! If you want to contribute, having a Github account will be invaluable to you so you should definitely set one up. Please check out the contribution guidelines first.
- Help write the debating guide
- Suggest features/improvements
- Report bugs
- Help ensure that our data use is ethical (and also GDPR-compliant)
(Don't worry if you can't program, it's really easy to learn. If you'd like to learn the Mozilla developer network is a great starting point.)
- Help us implement a Bayesian model to predict whether users will attend debating events.
- Help us write our backend (in Rust) – we're (unsuccessfully) working on building a simple REST API to connect it to our frontend.
- Help on the frontend of the project
- State management (we're definitely creating too many firebase snapshot listeners)