jQuery Colour Picker: A tiny colour picker with useful extra features
This is a jQuery plugin that creates a colour picker from an input field. It is a fork of another plugin with many modifications made to make it more suited to integrate with Shiny and to add some useful features.
Modifications by Dean Attali:
- Added "limited" palette that allows the user to specify their only a set of allowed colour rather than any colour
- Added "allowTransparency" setting which allows users to check a checkbox to select the colour "transparent"
- Added "showColour" setting which determines if to show the selected colour as the text, as the background colour of the input field, or both
- Added "returnName" setting which makes the widget return a name instead of HEX value when possible
- Removed many unnecessary features
- Removed dependency on images and made the colour picker completely CSS
This plugin works for IE8+, Chrome, Firefox, mobile, and should work for all other major browsers.
Modified plugin is being used in colourpicker - an R package providing colour pickers for Shiny apps.
index.html page contains very basic examples of how to use this plugin.
Colour input being used in a shiny application, with the "showColour" and "allowTransparency" features: here