Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
OpenADMS Node 0.7 (“Geneva”) is only a small update with better database support and several bug fixes. The licences of source code and documentation have been changed to more permissive ones.
- Added caching for CouchDB database connectivity.
- Added signal handler for restart on HUP.
- Updated documentation.
- Added simple CSV plotting script for gnuplot.
- Added retry delay for MailAgent module.
- Changed licence of source-code from EUPL to BSD-2-Clause.
- Changed licence of documentation from CC BY-SA 3.0 DE to CC BY 3.0 DE.
OpenADMS Node 0.6 is a smaller update which brings support for the document-oriented NoSQL database Apache CouchDB:
- renamed OpenADMS to OpenADMS Node;
- added make file for PyInstaller 3.3;
- added new modules:
- “ResponseInspector” for simple validation of observation results,
- “GpioController” for changing GPIO pin states on the Raspberry Pi,
- “MastodonAgent” for sending alert messages to the Mastodon social network,
- “RssAgent” for creating RSS feeds,
- “IrcAgent” for sending alert messages to the Internet Relay Chat network,
- “CouchDriver” for storing observations in Apache CouchDB,
- “ErrorGenerator” for generating warning, error, and critical log messages,
- reworked passive mode of SerialPort module;
- added rc.d script for NetBSD;
- added sensor file for Leica Disto pro4a;
- updated documentation.
OpenADMS 0.5 has many new features and improvements:
- updated to Python 3.6 and added support for PyPy3.5;
- added new modules:
- “LocalControlServer” for simple Web-based remote control,
- “UnitConverter” for converting response values,
- “InterruptCounter” for counting GPIO interrupts on the Raspberry Pi,
- “BluetoothPort” for serial communication over IEEE 802.15.1 (experimental);
- added sensor files for DXL360S, Lambrecht rain[e], Leica Nivel210, Leica total stations, and STS DTM;
- added data validation with JSON schema;
- added an integrated MQTT message broker;
- added unique IDs for observations (UUID4);
- added a graphical launcher based on wxPython;
- added service files for FreeBSD and Linux (systemd) to run OpenADMS as a daemon;
- added an installation script for FreeBSD;
- added a requirements installation script for Microsoft Windows;
- added a setup script for cx_Freeze;
- added several example configuration files for sensors;
- changed the observation time from Unix time stamp to UTC;
- updated the manual (HTML and PDF);
- added further fixes and improvements.
The version 0.4 of OpenADMS is a minor update, with a lot of improvements, including:
- many fixes in base and modules;
- added support for external graphical launcher (OpenADMS Control);
- added support for non-printable characters in sensor commands;
- added support for more sensors;
- added workaround for Python exception hook bug;
- added support for PyInstaller and py2exe.
After more than one year of development on our open-source deformation monitoring system OpenADMS, version 0.3 (code name “Copenhagen”) has been released. This version is a complete rewrite in Python 3, including new features:
- modularised design;
- JSON-based configuration;
- MQTT messaging protocol for inter-module communication;
- broad range of supported sensors;
- fast extension with little or no programming;
- modules for the processing of TPS measurements (polar transformation, Helmert transformation, atmospheric distance correction);
- alerting system with customisable e-mails and short messages;
- virtual sensors.