Robert K. Jenkins III
Background & Objective
Troubleshooter with M.B.A. in finance and 15+ year proven track record of technological and entrepreneurial experience in diverse fields including finance, human resources, music, design, academia, politics, and healthcare with expertise in cultivating teams, increasing revenue and building self-correcting data platforms.
Recent Professional Experience
Vice President of Engineering | August 2012 – Present Designer Pages | New York, NY
- Identified strategic opportunities and risk assessment.
- Led all technical initiatives.
- Facilitated 40x increase in project tool usage and 267x increase in product specification tool usage.
- Spearheaded development of a business intelligence platform converting user interactions into popularity metrics & relative rankings utilizing BigQuery, Looker, MixPanel and Ruby on Rails.
- Prototyped an automated application to scrape, normalize and ingest product information from over 8,000 manufacturer websites.
- Tripled user base by integrating with the world’s largest architecture firm; implemented SSO user authentication; and created API to ingest project data and power the vendor directory within their intranet.
- Managed local and global technology, product, archiving and content teams.
- Grew department from 2 contractors to an internal team of 12 developers and 6 external contractors.
- Founded the Product team by directing 2 product managers and an UX/UI designer.
- Coordinated a global team with members in Mexico, Nicaragua, Philippines, Bulgaria & India with international travel as needed.
- Implemented agile processes, promoting collaborative relationships across all departments.
- Mentored team members while simultaneously promoting diversity.
Digital Technology Architect | March 2010 – August 2012 Warner Music Group | New York, NY
- Increased revenue by creating an application that checks a digital album’s availability based on its release dates on iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody and other services using Kapow (web scraping platform), PHP (wrappers for collection agents), Rails (Frontend/CnC/Reporting), MySQL (orchestration data store), Marklogic (online data store), and NEC HYDRAstor (offline/near-line storage of collected data).
- Collected and processed over 500GB of XML over a 2-year period.
- Application paid for itself over the first month of operation.
- Re-architected consumer data storage warehouse into a successful multi-terabyte high availability application providing sales & marketing analysis of content partners data such as iTunes, Amazon & Spotify using PERL, Ruby on Rails and InfiniDB (MySQL compatible columnar data store) while managing the relationship of and between varied stakeholders.
- Revitalized Magento E-commerce platform including business analysis, codebase enhancement, workflow improvement and integration architecture retooling across various stakeholders.
Web & Multimedia Specialist | February 2001 – March 2007 Instructional Technology: St. John’s University | Jamaica NY
- Created and lead the Web Development Team
- Trained the team and faculty in advanced HTML & Flash techniques o Lead development of education Flash web applications
- Ran the on-campus Faculty Laptop Repair Shop which supported over 600 full time faculty, 1000 adjunct faculty and senior level administrators
- Troubleshot hardware & software issues
- Performed hardware basic repairs
- Developed applets in Visual C++ to assist users with network credentials
- Designed and implemented an enrollment database that tracked attendance and stipend disbursement for over 600 full time faculty, and senior level administrators
Web Programmer & Webmaster | June 2000 – February 2001 Council of Better Business Bureaus | Arlington VA
- Programmed Intranet E-Commerce Site in Cold Fusion ecommerce
- Implemented redesign of the Council of Better Business Bureaus website
- Performed Daily Web Updates
- Performed Webmaster Duties
Co-founder & CTO | June 2007 – Present SZG Industries LLC | Las Vegas, NV & New York, NY
- Architected online portal for a real estate private equity firm enabling empirical comparison of projects via their viability & ROI, management of project pipeline & investor relationships and automatic generation of charts & capital stack diagrams.
- Prepared analysis and financial modeling of potential real estate investments to be capitalized by EB-5 Immigrant Investor program capital, New Markets Tax Credits and other economic development incentives.
- Coordinated economic development surveys of of locations of minority colleges/universities in NC, VA and MS to prepare requests for gubernatorial nominating of eligible census tracts as Opportunity Zones.
- Tasked by Obama ’08 and the Democratic National Committee to create Mobilize Me — a web application to replicate the functionality of my.barackobama.com for down ticket candidates in battleground states.
- Built a HIPAA-compliant healthcare portal for a holistic medical facility to manage patient records, track patient progress and manage invoices.
- Prototyped resume management system allowing users to upload & import resumes as structured data so content could be easily edited, exported and templated as a new resume tailored to a desired position.
- Purchased and overhauled both technology & operations of PaintAPic.com, a site allowing users to create custom paint by number kits from their own photos.
Bachelor of Computer Science, 2004 | St. John’s University, Jamaica NY Master of Business Administration in Finance, 2010 | St. John’s University, Jamaica NY
|Databases:||MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery, Redis, Oracle, MongoDB|
|Skills:||Application Development, Communication, Problem Solving, Opportunity Identification, Business Development, Financial Modeling, New Business Development, Industry Analysis and Idea Shepherding|
- LookML Foundations Webinar, 2018
- 48in48, Volunteer Coding Weekend for Local Nonprofits, 2018
- EB-5 Innovation Summit Attendee, Focus on Financial Innovation with EB-5, 2017
- Featured in case study video about Designer Pages by VMWare vCloud Air Platform, 2016
- EB-5 Innovation Summit Attendee, Focus on Financial Innovation with EB-5, 2016
- TechSpo Attendee, 2017
- Member and Supporter of Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rubin Museum of Art, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, American Museum of Natural History, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and MASS MoCa