This script takes a newline-delimited list of FreeCodeCamp profile URLs and returns a report on their progress as a newline-delimited list of tab-delimited percentages.
- Install Tampermonkey.
- Navigate to the Utilities tab in Tampermonkey options.
- Paste the following address into the input marked "URL" and click "Import" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dacohenii/fcc-progress/master/bulk-fcc-progress.js
- Confirm the installation.
Note: This script sends a request for all these URLs essentially at the same time, so and hasn't been tested for more than ~30 at a time. Too many more and their serers might not appreciate it.
- Copy a spreadsheet column (or newline-separated list) of URLs to be scraped to the clipboard.
- empty cells / lines are okay and will be preserved on paste.
- Invoke the script via the Tampermonkey menu.
- A prompt should come up. Paste the addresses into the prompt and submit it.
- At this point, it will start retrieving results.
- A notification should appear to let you know the process is complete. When this happens select the top-left destination cell and paste the result.
The main functionality is in
fcc-progress.js scrapes a single profile and must be run directly from that page.
This was developed and tested using Tampermonkey and Chrome 60. YMMV.
The lessons are currently hard-coded in the files. This can be pulled dynamically in the future, but they don't seem to change too often.
Also, it's a web scraper, which is likely to break at some point when they change their website, but that's okay, becuase the next version will probably use an API,