7-ZipPortable is a portable version of the popular 7-Zip application. 7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
The main features of 7-Zip:
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
Visit the 7-Zip Homepage.
To recompile this PAF you must use my version of the PortableApps.com Launcher.
- Runs the full 7-Zip file/archive manager.
- Completely portable - runs off a USB, cloud drive (DropBox, iCloud drive, OneDrive, etc) or hard drive.
- No need for any external software - simply download extract and run!
- Packaged in PortableApps.com format for easy integration.
- Associations are supported and easily customizable.
To add your own file associations, open the
[Associations]add any extension you wish to support. For example:[Associations] 1=7z 2=001 3=rar 4=zip
For a list of all supported filetypes, open
AppInfo.iniand review the
- Adding a lot of extensions can and will effect launch time.
- Windows XP tends to cache icon resources which are inevitably visible even after exiting 7-Zip.
- Windows 8 can be problematic and may require unlocking for some filetypes—i.e. when double-clicking on a supported file format and Windows asks you to select 7-Zip from a list. This is because Windows 8 has an implementation of a hash ID for associations.
- Do not associate through 7-Zip! This will leave trash in the registry when you exit the program.
- SendTo is also available for any filetypes that aren't associated but are supported for use with 7-Zip.
- Added ability to use shell extension/context menu features. See user configuration file to enable. Do not enable this feature through 7-Zip!
- The user configuration file includes the following optional settings:
[7-ZipPortable] AdditionalParameters= ShellExtension=true RunLocally=false USBDevice=false Banner=false
- AdditionalParameters: Pass additional command-line switches.
- ShellExtension: (
auto) Enable/disable Shell Extension/Context Menu features. Requires administrative rights.
- RunLocally: (
false) Application is copied to and executed from
- USBDevice: (
false) Enable to prevent ejection/unplugging problems with removable devices. When
ShellExtensionis enabled, Windows Explorer tends to lock application's DLL(s). If enabled, PAF will ensure DLL(s) are unlocked.
- Banner: (
false) Enable/disable initialization banner.
- More features soon to come!
- Microsoft Windows XP or later.
- PortableApps.com Platform (Optional)
- FukenGruven was the original developer of this portable release.
- I have added support to compile with my launcher and maintain it.
- 7-Zip Portable is a redistribution of the 7-Zip archive manager developed by Igor Pavlov.
- PortableApps.com Suite by PortableApps.com.
- PortableApps.com Launcher developed by demon.devin.