Mikidown is a note taking application with markdown support.
Install mikidown with
python3-pip install mikidown
Run mikidown without installing
git clone https://github.com/shadowkyogre/mikidown.git cd mikidown ./mikidown.py
- Edit markdown with live preview
- Switch between Edit/View/LiveEdit mode
- All notes in one place, with multiple notebooks support
- Page cross-link
- Import from plain text files, export to HTML, PDF
- Customise your note style (by editing CSS file)
- Spell check
- Python (>3.0)
- python-html2text ( Optional for HTML to markdown conversion, otherwise, formatted text is pasted as HTML )
- python-asciimathml ( Optional for asciimathml support )
- python-pyenchant ( Optional for spell checking )
- slickpicker ( Optional for better color picking for mikidown highlighting colors )
Beautiful notes powered by markdown
In case you are unfamiliar with markdown, you can use this file (Help->README) as a simple reference to basic markdown syntax. However, I suggest you take a look at the complete Markdown Syntax.
All python-markdown extensions are supported. To enable/disable extension, edit the
notebook.conf file in your notebook folder.
# notebook_folder/notebook.conf extensions=nl2br, strkundr, codehilite, fenced_code, headerid, headerlink, footnotes
Mikidown Specific Syntax
page cross link
absolute and relative image path
![text](pic.png)# path relative to notebook folder
Ctrl + Ior Edit -> Insert Image will bring up an insert image dialog.
**strong**will yield strong
//emphasis//will yield emphasis
Fork and help are much appreciated.
Want to help? Further details are in the CONTRIBUTING.md file.