Use jbovlaste on the command line, offline.
- Displays LATEX formatting as unicode plain text with console formatting
- Uses a hashing key-value store for fast look ups
- Computes search terms in advance with scoring for fast serching
- Stemming if PyStemmer is installed
- Handles undefined compound words beautifully: lobybau resolves to jbobau and cizbau to cizra and bangu
- Script friendly: define your own shell aliases and functions
This is currently pre-release and the recommended installation is a developer installation:
$ git clone git://github.com/dag/jbo.git && cd jbo $ sudo ./setup.py develop $ jbo index en.xml $ echo "source <(jbo bashrc)" >>~/.bashrc && source <(jbo bashrc)
Now you can
git pull changes without needing to run
The jbovlaste export for
$JBO_LANGUAGE (defaultnig to
is automatically downloaded and indexed if needed. This command lets you
keep the index up to date or index an export from a non-standard place
(file path or URL).
Progress bars require a recent version of the progressbar library, which can be installed with:
sudo easy_install progressbar
This however is optional. The python-lxml library is similarly preferred if installed and might be faster, otherwise a standard library is used for processing XML.