Oracle Advanced Queuing as JMS replacement using spring and gradle
The project is composed of two major module:
- a java demo project which use jms advanced queue via spring
- a oracle package called aq_jms_pkg used to create the jms queue. The package file (including body declaration and test queues) are stored inside src/main/sql
- Create an oracle user called "gundam" like the scott/tiger user (or hr user on Oracle XE)
- Run in the lexicografical order the script under src/main/sql
- Compile with gradle and run the unit tests
Core Team Members
Oracle Express support (XE)
Oracle Express lack the ability to create PL/SQL "objects" needed by AQ. In particular trying to execute in PL/SQL something like
msg := SYS.AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE.CONSTRUCT();
results in a "PLS-00302: component ‘CONSTRUCT’ must be declared". The reason is unclear, but the net effect is JMS types on the XE database are "crippled’.
Anyway we found this [article explaining how to overcome this limitation][oracle-xe-fix]. See also this [thread on Oracle web site][oracle-xe-fix-discussion]. Inside the file
you can find the testmessage procedure which is able to send a AQ message under Oracle Express.
AQ support under OracleExpress is a bumpy way so plese test every single piece of code if you need it.
[oracle-xe-fix] http://technology.amis.nl/2007/08/30/enqueuing-aq-jms-text-message-from-plsql-on-oracle-xe/ [oracle-xe-fix-discussion] https://community.oracle.com/thread/2588733