- SVG import
- Better support of HiDPI displays (e.g.. Mac Retina)
- Based on Qt 5.12.6.
- Unlike VPaint 1.6, only 64bit versions of Windows are supported.
- VPaint now uses QOpenGLWidget instead of the deprecated QGLWidget. This required to alter some parts of the OpenGL architecture, affecting performance and/or anti-aliasing. Depending on your system, this might be better than VPaint 1.6, or it might be worse, unfortunately :(
- The look of the view settings was harmonized between macOS and Linux/Windows.
- We now provide an AppImage for Linux! It was compiled on Ubuntu 16.04, so it should work on most recent Linux distros (but not on Ubuntu 15.10 or older).