GnuSocialShell is a simple, userful, text-based GnuSocial client write in C by DalmeGNU to all UNIX-like Operating Systems
How to compile GnuSocialShell
- libreadline-dev (for TAB-autocompletion)
Before you start the compilation process please make sure you have the following tools installed on your system: gcc, autotools (autoconf & automake), gnulib.
$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local $ make
$ ./gnusocialshell -c /path/to/config/file
How to make a Configuration File
First we have to open the file "config" using nano (or another text editor)
$ nano config
We will get something like:
#Default Config file for GnuSocialShell protocol=; user=; server=; #Uncomment this line to enable password store #password=;
Now we have to complete protocol, user, server and if we want password.
- Protocol should always be "https", but "http" will work
- User should be our screen name, so if my account is @firstname.lastname@example.org, user should be "account"
- Server should be our node URL, so "mynode.com"
- If we want we can store our password in the config file but we have to uncomment the line. If not GnuSocialShell will ask we the password.
#Default Config file for GnuSocialShell protocol=https; user=account; server=mynode.com; #Uncomment this line to enable password store password=123mypassword;