Alfredo - Born to serve!
Alfredo is a simple, extensible gtalk bot. It's capable of doing any kind of tasks, implemented as separated commands.
Here is a typical session:
you: inv some text alfredo: called inv some text -> txet emos
Implementing a new command
Commands are implemented as Plugins (more at plugnplay <https://github.com/daltonmatos/plugnplay>). Just create a new class:
from alfredo import Plugin, ICommand
- class SomeCommand(Plugin):
implements = [ICommand]
- def help(self):
- return ('short help', 'long help')
- def name(self):
- return 'mycommand'
- def match_name(self, command):
- return 'mycommand' == command
- def run(self, user, *args)
- # process some logic return result
In this case we create a new command named 'mycommand'. If we send this message to alfredo:
mycommand p1 p2 p3
run() method would be called like this:
run('firstname.lastname@example.org', 'p1', 'p2', 'p3'). This method must return a string, that will be sent back to the original user.
How to use it
To start talking to a running instance of alfredo just add
email@example.com to your gtalk conacts list and you are done!
Or try out your own commands from the example code.
Alfredo's core components only needs:
The included commands needs:
- BeautifulSoup - http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
- requests - https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests
- simplejson - http://code.google.com/p/simplejson/
You can even run the requirements file to get up your environment:
pip install -r requirements.txt