This repository contains my Dotfiles and anything else I use to setup and maintain my Macs. It simplifies the process of installing software on new Macs and it helps to keep my configuration the same on every machone I use.
Feel free to copy parts of this for your own dotfiles!
Fresh macOS Setup
First go through this checklist to make sure you don't forget anything before wiping clean your hard drive.
- Have you committed and pushed any changes/branches to Github?
- Have you remembered to run
- Has Google Drive finished syncing?
- Have you exported any databases that need to be exported and put them somewhere useful?
Setting up your Mac
Now that you've made sure you've done all the things, setup your mac!
- Update macOS to the latest version through the App Store
- Install the full version of Xcode from the App Store then run
- Clone this repository to
- Run the
- Login to all the things
- Restore settings for apps by running
- Restart Mac to make sure everything works