A List of Whishes
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and praxis. In praxis, there is"
Consider the following aphorisms as the theory.
Just the Repository
- I will be able to recreate my software with just the repository
- I will be able to recreate my software development environment with just the repository
- I will be able to run my software with just the repository
- I will be able to test my software with just the repository
One Source of Truth
- When something changes, it only changes in one place
- When I need to find something out, I look in one place
We Are All Experts
- I can do all the things without knowing all the details
Out of Band Builds
- Artifacts created by the build system are separate from the sources we use to create them
- No build artifact is commited to the repository. Ever.
- At any point in time I am able to exactly reproduce the commands up to that point
- I have a record or every command executed by the system
also known as Ariadne's thread