OpenSit is an open source meditation community - a place where meditators can share and develop their practice. It lives at OpenSit.com
To install locally for your own hacking pleasure:
- Clone the repo and
cp config/database.yml.example config/database.yml
bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate
bundle exec guard
- Go to
- To run the tests:
rake db:test:prepareand then
Here's how we work. Before getting busy, please search to see if the issue/feature you're addressing is already being discussed or worked on. If it isn't, you should consider creating an issue so that we can give you some feedback. When you're ready to get coding:
- Create a feature branch:
git checkout -b your-feature-or-fix
- Commit early and often (you can clear it up later if you want to)
- When you're done, push your feature branch:
git push origin your-fix-or-feature
- Open a pull request. If you want push a work in progress, that's fine, but mark it as so e.g. "[WIP] New comments system"
- Another developer will then review your changes, and give them the thumbs up or offer some comments.
- Once reviewed and ok'ed, your changes will be merged into master. Rejoice!
- Remember to add tests!
If you find a security issue please don't create a public issue - email email@example.com with details so that we can do our best to minimise any problems.
What do we have planned next for OpenSit? Check out the Roadmap.