Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
prost 0.5.0 should be mostly source-compatible with version 0.4.0, with one exception:
prost 0.4.0 escapes field and message names which are Rust keyword by appending a suffix underscore;
prost 0.5.0 does not escape field or message names, instead using the new raw-identifier feature. In addition, the minimum
rustc version has been bumped to 1.32.0.
0.5.0 ships with new features and bug fixes:
- @adeschamps fixed a bug which caused enum fields with a default value whose prefix is stripped to be incorrectly generated.
- @danburkert added an option for overriding the code-generation output directory with a new
- @danburkert added a re-export of
prost. As a result, it should no longer be necessary for applications to depend directly on the
- @ebkalderon, @trha, and @danburkert added support to the code generator for referencing
prostgenerated types in external crates with a new
- @jeffparsons made code generation more robust by always fully-qualifying standard library types.
- @nrc added support for generating edition-2018 compatible code.
Many thanks to the generous contributors who have helped out since 0.4.0:
- Anthony Deschamps
- Dan Burkert
- Eliza Weisman
- Eyal Kalderon
- Jeff Parsons
- Nick Cameron
- Sebastian Hahn
- Timothy Hobbs
- Trinh Hoang Anh