This repo houses the sample code used in my How-To: Hello Pyramid on AWS Tutorial.
It contains the following
- application.py: the meat of the application
- requirements.txt: the requirements that do work with AWS ElasticBeanstalk.
- requirements_ideal.txt: the requirements that should work, but the python34 build on Amazon Linux is missing wheels.
- deployment.zip: the package that can be uploaded straight to a AWS EB instance and work.
- ideal.zip: the package that should be uploaded straight to a AWS EB instance but doesn't because of that pesky python34 on Amazon Linux.
Note on Amazon Linux
Amazon Linux is derived from Red Hat, and Red Hat has a package policy to avoid including system libraries in a package. This breaks their python34 build. You can read more here