SignaturePad: A jQuery plugin for assisting in the creation of an HTML5 canvas based signature pad. Records the drawn signature in JSON for later regeneration.
Copyright MMXI, Thomas J Bradley, email@example.com
Dependencies: FlashCanvas/1.5, json2, jquery/1.3.2+
Versioned using Semantic Versioning, http://semver.org/
json2.jsin your HTML file
- Create the HTML, following the example: https://github.com/thomasjbradley/signature-pad/blob/master/examples/accept-signature.html
- Remember that most things are configurable
- Accepting a Signature
- Requiring a Drawn Signature
- Regenerating a Signature
- Accepting Multiple Signatures
Converting to an Image
Unfortunately, the function doesn’t work in all browsers, only because the underlying
toDataURL() method of
<canvas> isn’t implemented well. The primary culprit of poor implementation is Android OS < 3. The function does work in IE thanks to FlashCanvas.
- Signature to Image—PHP to JPEG, PNG or GIF by Thomas J Bradley
- sigToSvg—PHP to SVG by Charles Gebhard
- python-signpad2image—Python to PNG by Alan Viars
- SignatureToDotNet—C# to JPEG, PNG or GIF by Curtis Herbert
- sigJsonToImage—ColdFusion to PNG by James Moberg
Signature Pad is licensed under the New BSD license.
All dependencies: jQuery, JSON 2, and FlashCanvas retain their own licenses.