Blink is an open-source assistive communication tool developed for individuals living with paralysis or Locked-In Syndrome (LIS).
Our primary design goal was to transform complex computer vision into a simple, self-configuring communication app navigable solely with eye blinks and able to run on low-resolution webcams.
Key features include:
- Customizable eye, pupil, brow and mouth tracking to give a range of interactive options depending on the severity of paralysis
- Automatic calibration to personalize responsiveness to each user's unique range of motion and abilities
- Multiple keyboard types and layouts to accommodate personal preferences and communication styles
- Autocomplete and next-word prediction capacities which learn over time
- Basic real-time chat to connect users with each other
NOTE: This app utilizes clmtrackr.js for feature tracking.