is a reddit tipping service to easily give Nano to your favorite redditors! Nano is a fast and feeless cryptocurrency that can be traded at numerous exchanges. Before using Nano Tipper, please take a look at the Terms of Service
To get started with Nano Tipper, either:
A) Create an account by sending a message to /u/nano_tipper with 'create' or 'register' in the message body. You will receive a Nano address, to which you can add Nano*. You will receive a 0.001 Nano tip for registering! Also, try any of the faucets at Nano Links (*Nano Tipper is in early beta! Only send small amounts of Nano.)
B) Receive a Nano tip from a fellow redditor, and you will automatically have an account made! be sure to activate it afterwards by sending a message to /u/nano_tipper.
Once you have funds in your account, you can tip other redditors, or send to nano address via PM to /u/nano_tipper.
Nano Tipper is intended for tipping on reddit posts and replies. On any tracked subreddit you can tip and type a message like:
!ntip 0.01 This is great!
This will tip a redditor 0.01 Nano. !ntip must be the first thing in your message OR the last thing. Such, this is also a valid tip:
This is great! !ntip 0.01
Or from anywhere on reddit, you can tip a commenter by:
/u/nano_tipper 0.01 This is great!
This is great! /u/nano_tipper 0.01
If the subreddit is a friendly subreddit (which correlates to tracked subreddit), the bot will repsond with a message. If the subreddit is not friendly, a PM will be sent to both the sender and the recipient.
Nano Tipper also works by PM. Send a message to /u/nano_tipper for a variety of actions.
To send 0.1 Nano to zily88, include this text in the message body:
send 0.1 /u/zily88
send 0.1 zily88
To send 0.1 Nano to xrb_1ssr4sbop5wnkbkpk7y7ekewie7tygtjgdukm9jq7d1m3j6ocfskwyx77awd, include this text in the message body:
send 0.1 xrb_1ssr4sbop5wnkbkpk7y7ekewie7tygtjgdukm9jq7d1m3j6ocfskwyx77awd
or send all your balance:
send all xrb_1ssr4sbop5wnkbkpk7y7ekewie7tygtjgdukm9jq7d1m3j6ocfskwyx77awd
There are many other commands.
'create' - Create a new account if one does not exist 'send <amount or all> <user/address>' - Send Nano to a reddit user or an address 'withdraw <amount or all> <user/address>' - Same as send 'receive' - Receive all pending transactions (if autoreceive is set to 'no') 'balance' or 'address' - Retrieve your account balance. Includes both pocketed and unpocketed transactions 'minimum <amount>' - (default 0.0001) Sets a minimum amount for receiving tips 'auto_receive <yes/no>' - (default 'yes') Automatically pockets transactions. Checks every 12 seconds 'silence <yes/no>' - (default 'no') Prevents the bot from sending you tip notifications or tagging in posts 'history' - (disabled) Grabs the last 20 records of your account history 'private_key' - (disabled) Retrieve your account private key 'new_address' - (disabled) If you feel this address was compromised, create a new account and key 'help' - Get this help message\n
Here's a few other great links:
Nano Tipper Subreddit -- Post any questions about Nano Tipper
Nano Tipper GitHub -- This software is open source!
Nano Tipper Wiki -- The Subreddit Wiki
Nano Currency -- The Official Nano website
Nano Links -- has numerous useful links to get to using Nano!
Nano Subreddit -- The official Nano Subreddit
Terms of Service
- Don't keep a lot of Nano in your Nano Tip Bot account
- You accept the risks of using this Tip Bot--I won't steal your Nanos, but they might be lost at any point, and I'm under no obligation to replace them. Don't put in more than you're willing to lose.
- If your account is inactive for more than 3 years, and no meaningful attempt has been made to reach me, the Nanos in your account will be forfeited and I am under no obligation to return them. Why did I write this? Because the tip bot is not a lifelong custodian service -- I don't want people reaching out to me after 20 years for their .032 Nanos the left on the tip bot. I don't want to have to keep the database with me the rest of my life. After your three years, if the bot is still running, your Nanos will almost certainly be available to you.
- Don't submit more than 5 requests every 30 seconds. The bot will ignore any commands you issue until 30 seconds have passed.
- I can change the Terms of Service at any time.
Why does the message have to start or end with !nano_tip ?
This is to prevent unintentional tips! If the program simply scanned the entire comment, a user might accidentally quote someone else's tip command in a response. In the future I might change this, but for now it's the best way to ensure the program behaves as expected.
Are my funds safe?
NO! Unless you and you alone control your private keys, your funds are never safe! Please don't keep more than a few Nanos on the tipbot at any time! While I'm not going to steal your Nanos, this program is in early beta testing and weird things could happen, including lost Nanos! Use at your own risk! (sorry for all the exclamation marks)
I sent a tip to the wrong address. Can I get it back?
If the address isn't affiliated with a Redditor, No. I only have private keys for redditors, not for addresses. If you send Nano to Binance for example, I cannot retrieve it.
I sent a tip to the wrong redditor. Can I get it back?
You basically gave a stranger a dollar, and I have no control over that. Yes, I technically control the private keys, but I really don't want to start manually making unauthorized transactions on people's accounts. If the stranger is a redditor and doesn't activate their account, you will get your tip back in 30 days. If they do activate their account, it's theirs. You can try asking them for it back.
Have you implemented any spam prevention for your bot?
Users are allowed 5 requests every 30 seconds. If you do more than that, the bot ignores you until 30 seconds have passed.
I tried to send a tip, but received no response. Did it go through?
Probably not. It's most likely the bot was temporarily disconnected. If a command is issued while the bot is offline, the command will not be seen. If no response is received from the bot after a few minutes, send a message to the bot with the text 'history'. If you get a response and the tip isn't in your history, that means it wasn't seen. If you don't get a response, the bot is probably still offline. Try again in a few minutes.
I found a bug or I have a concern. Question Mark?
Send /u/zily88 a PM on reddit, or post on https://reddit.com/r/nano_tipper
If a reddit tip is a reply to a reply, it's better to keep a short message with an error code.
- 0 - Could not read the tip command
- 1 - Could not read the tip amount -- use either a number or the word 'all'
- 2 - Sender does not have an account -- Create an account by typing 'create' or by receiving a tip from another redditor
- 3 - Tip amount is below program minimum -- This is to prevent spamming other redditors.
- 4 - Insufficient funds -- The amount of Nano in your account is lower than your tip amount. If you are using 'auto_receive' for your transactions, your account is scanned every 12 seconds.
- 5 - User or address not specified -- If you are sending via PM, you must specify the recipient. Make sure there aren't extra spaces.
- 6 - Address is invalid or recipient redditor does not exist -- You have a typo somewhere
- 7 - Recipient redditor does not exist -- The redditor you specified doesn't have a reddit account.
- 8 - Tip amount is below recipients specified tip minimum -- The recipient doesn't want to receive tips below a certain amount
and FYI there are success codes, but you won't see these
- 9 - Success! Sent to a redditor who requested silence -- This redditor will not receive a notification of their tip.
- 10 - Success! Sent to redditor -- Redditor will receive a notification on their tip
- 11 - Success! Sent to registered nano address -- If redditor has requested silence, they won't get a notification.
- 12 - Success! Sent to unregistered nano address
- 13 - Success! Sent to a newly created reddit account