[AEM Samples] Shared Menu
This project shows how to share an instance of a menu component between all the pages of a website. For further information, please refer to Shared menu.
The project is based on aem-project-archetype, so it has the same modules, profiles and properties.
The main modules are:
- core: Java bundle containing all core functionality like OSGi services, listeners or schedulers, as well as component-related Java code such as servlets or request filters.
- ui.apps: contains the /apps (and /etc) parts of the project, ie JS&CSS clientlibs, components, templates and runmode specific configs
- ui.content: contains sample content using the components from the ui.apps
- ui.tests: Java bundle containing JUnit tests that are executed server-side. This bundle is not to be deployed onto production.
- ui.launcher: contains glue code that deploys the ui.tests bundle (and dependent bundles) to the server and triggers the remote JUnit execution
How to build
To build all the modules run in the project root directory the following command with Maven 3:
mvn clean install
If you have a running AEM instance you can build and package the whole project and deploy into AEM with
mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage
Or to deploy it to a publish instance, run
mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackagePublish
Or to deploy only the bundle to the author, run
mvn clean install -PautoInstallBundle
There are three levels of testing contained in the project:
unit test in core: this show-cases classic unit testing of the code contained in the bundle. To test, execute (from the core directory):
mvn clean test
server-side integration tests: this allows to run unit-like tests in the AEM-environment, ie on the AEM server. To test, execute:
mvn clean integration-test -PintegrationTests
The project comes with the auto-public repository configured. To setup the repository in your Maven settings, refer to: