technion-LyX (Technion LyX Conspiracy)
Meeting on 26/6:
Dear fellow LyXers,
If you're like us, you love LyX, and wish you could do everything from it:
- Write your papers with the conference style file
- Collaborate with LaTeX-only people
- Use it for a blog...
Problem: not everything works. Solution: report bugs and fix problems together, and eat pizza!
The plan on 26/6, 4 to 8 pm, in room 815 of the EE Mayer building:
- Lightning talks. Currently planned (you are invited to show us anything cool and not well known also!):
- How to write Feynman diagrams in LyX (Ronen)
- Moving a paper back from LaTeX, before and after bug reports (Daniel)
- A quick dev demo: how to report, find, solve and patch a simple bug that keeps a valid latex document from compiling under LyX.
- 3-4 hours of joint hacking, bug reporting and whatever we want.
Later: Make a mailing list or forum for further discussion, a github project to share useful templates etc, and whatever else we find useful.
Before: Please forward to any other LyX user in the area, let us know if you want to give a demo or have any other ideas. Let us know if you are interested in general and coming this time in particular.
Daniel Vainsencher and Ronen Abravanel
Hackathon project ideas
- Frequency based autocompletion (Lior Ella proposed, DanielV wants too!)
- Better LaTeX error presentation (Ronen and DanielV)
- Import unknown LaTeX environments as corresponding LyX layouts (DanielV)